Intensive plastering courses
Intensive plastering courses, also known as fast track plastering courses are aimed at giving you an overall understanding in all areas of plastering. They are useful for total beginners to plastering or someone who already has some knowledge.
Intensive courses can last anywhere between a weekend and 10 days. We would advise going for a 10 day course as a weekend course is far too short to learn anything if you are thinking about choosing plastering as your new career.
You have to be realistic though with a fast track course as they will not make you into a qualified plasterer in 10 days. It will however give you an overview and provide you with knowledge to progress further.
Plastering is one of the more lucrative tradesman professions to be qualified in. An intensive plastering course will allow you to practice your skills in a training environment with professionals to offer advice and guidance.
Most intensive plastering courses will cover the following:
• A basic health and safety overview
• Starting out
• Taping standard and internal joints
• Cutting and fixing plasterboard to walls and ceilings
• Preparing surfaces before plastering using bonding and finishing plasterer.
• Mixing materials
• Understanding the different types of plaster and what they are used for
• Preparing surfaces for outside walls and fitting beadings
• Applying scratch coats
• Applying top render coats
• Plastering columns and curves
Most fast track courses will be full time with 8 hours training per day just like a regular working day.
As with all of our courses we will cover the essentials of Safe Working including Health & Safety and full PPE (Personal Protective Equipment). PPE will be provided whilst on your course.
If you are interested in reading more about health and safety at work then please have a look at the NEBOSH Certificate website which covers this topic and you can gain a health and safety qualification.